Mobile SEO optimizes your website to be compatible with users who contact it from mobile phones and tablets. This practice consists of finding the right way to make the resources included in your page accessible to the search engines.
58% of searches on Google are done from a mobile device. This trend is growing faster and faster. According to Google, almost 28,000 million more queries are made from smartphones than from desktop computers.
Table of Contents
What Is Google Mobile First?
Google’s Mobile-First Index ranks search results based only on mobile-only pages. This tool works even when searching from a desktop.
This Google function has advantages that you should know:
- If your website is perfectly optimized for mobile devices, it appears in searches without any problem.
- Load your page resources on all devices.
- The page loads in a much more agile and fast way.
- You can introduce internal links and redirects.
If you do not have the mobile function correctly optimized for your web page, Google will show less of your page, not having as much reach.
What Advantages Does Mobile SEO Have?
We have been talking about mobile SEO for a while now, and now is the time to investigate each of the advantages it can offer us. Pay attention, because this will surely interest you.
Use of Geolocation
It’s all about the location. In mobiles, we have a much more precise factor than in desktop computers. With a smartphone, we can access the User’s site almost precisely. It allows the information provided by the search engine to be much more relevant and specific, something that will significantly benefit the User. For example, if we are looking for an exact place, from a mobile, we will be able to know the position in which we are and, in this way, learn how far away we are from the place we want to go to.
One Mobile Device = One User
From a desktop computer, we can search for information by one or several users; on the other hand, when we explore from a mobile device, it is almost always carried out by a single person. It gives us more detailed information about this person and makes it easier for us to offer you the content of interest.
Websites optimized for mobile allow you to take better advantage of the access features. For example, the screen formats change from a computer to a smartphone screens; they are smaller, which forces a more efficient use of space. When we optimize the web for a mobile, we have to consider another factor: our users are going to use the reduced keyboard to fill out our forms, perform searches, etc. We have to achieve adequate dimensions so that the person who visits our page feels comfortable and does not encounter difficulties browsing our website.
The Three Main Ways of Mobile Seo
First of all, we must understand that by “mobile device,” we mean almost exclusively Smartphones. It is not a tablet or a notebook: it is a phone. That is very important to understand Google and its positioning system. Your site must meet the quality requirements to satisfy a user who navigates in the virtual world while moving in the real world.
Let’s now look at the three traditional ways to optimize.
The M Configuration
Going directly to the topic of different URLs, in case you want to get out of the generic, there is what we call the M configuration, which is nothing more than creating an equivalent URL with content optimized for mobile
While it’s a bit dated and losing space, it can help if you have segments of your audience still using desktop devices. It was a handy option when mobile browsing was emerging.
It is a much more exciting option for SEO, all in the same URL that is displayed differently depending on the User’s device. The problem here is to follow the mobile updates and to be up to date with the configurations. Otherwise, your site may be displayed completely wrongly configured.
It is the friendliest option and will give you the best results. It is the best option , without the need for separate URLs or different HTML for each device. We are talking about a concept defined as “a design philosophy.”
- You centralize all the contents in a single URL;
- You avoid all the heavy lifting of tagging duplicate content;
- It doesn’t redirect, which saves you trouble.
- As a result, it makes the site very easy to use.
Keys For Mobile SEO
These three key points that I am going to tell you about below are vital for optimizing your website for mobile. You must take them into account.
- You must tell Google if your page has a mobile format or not: This makes it easier for Google and helps it show the right content to users with search results. It will also give you a better ranking.
- Check that the resources can be traced: If Googlebot doesn’t have access to your page’s help, it won’t detect that it’s made for a mobile device and won’t display it.
- Avoid beginner’s mistakes: Do not include videos that can cause problems when playing. If your page offers the User a poor experience, its positioning will worsen considerably since Google will show less and less of your page, and whoever visits it is likely not to return
Mobile SEO increases search engine optimization of websites joint with flawless seeing on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Thanks to the growing boom of portable devices, web admins should be highly concerned with their mobile SEO plan.